Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Slice You Should Know- 2 Bro's Edition

So I’ve come to the realization that I’m addicted to pizza. At no point was this ever clearer to me than last night at about 7pm as I lined up to start a 5k race in Central Park for the sole motivation of a free pizza party that was set to follow. I’m not kidding, I represented my company in a media race just so I could have an excuse to eat pizza. But the more I thought about it, the more I began to realize that 80% of the reason why I work out daily (m-f) is so I can eat pizza whenever the hell I feel like it. And you know what the funny part is?  I’m not even mad. I’m 100% down with working out as a means to justify my ‘za intake.

With this acceptance comes a responsibility to inform my fellow readers of all the great (and not so great) pizza hot spots New York city has to offer. In today’s inaugural edition we’re going to be talking about 2 Bro’s Pizza, specifically, the one located on 46th st. between 5th and 6th Ave. The chain originated on St. Mark's Place, where you can find not one, but two of them located just steps away, and they're known for their famous $1 slices. 

BANG FOR YOUR BUCK:  * * * * * five pepperoni's 

2 Bro's is the most affordable dining spot in midtown, which is a gift and a curse considering its just a block and a half away from my office. For a buck you can get a a delicious, thick slice of plain cheese or go for the 2 plain/can of soda combo for $2.75. Are you a toppings guy like myself? If so, you're in luck. They have everything from pepperoni, meatball, sausage, BACON or mushroom for an additional 50 cents, or you can be a BAWSE and go for the chicken/combination slices for a mere 2 doll hairs. I mean check out my lunch from today. Cost me $3.50 total. Three hours and one trip to the bathroom later and I'm still full.  


SERVICE: * * * * four pepperoni's 

The service really is pretty remarkable at this place, especially when you consider the speed at which they get you your food, coupled with the fact that the line is routinely out the door. Unfortunately I'm going to have to deduct them one pepperoni for having English as their second language. I know it's not fair, but that's the way it's got to be. Can't be giving out perfect scores on the first review. Don't want to set the bar too high. 

OLD FAITHFUL: The Barbecue Chicken Slice

 If you have two dollars in your pocket and a pair of functioning legs (which oddly enough, an inordinate number of people on 6th Ave do not), I suggest you get your ass over there and treat yourself to one of god's greatest creations. This puppy has turned my frown upside down on many a winter's day and is the clear cut 2 Bro's fan favorite. Chicken stacked almost an inch high drowning in rich BBQ sauce is the perfect remedy for a shitty day at the office. If they're not sold out, you can bet your bottom dollar I'm snagging one upon entrance no questions asked.

OVERALL RATING: * * * * * four and a half pepperoni's 

If you're looking for a quick, fulling fix, or an extremely cheap date (recession proof!), 2 Bro's is the place to go. Trust me, I'm their biggest fan. 


-fresh (@danye33)

Got a pizza place you want reviewed? Hit me up at dan.chiavetta@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment